Introducing Demand-Based Scheduling for Time & Labor | Payroll Data Services
Introducing Demand-Based Scheduling, Artificial Intelligence for Time & Labor
Payroll Data has announced a fully automated and intuitive scheduling tool to enhance our time and attendance solution. This demand-based scheduling intelligence system revolutionizes time and labor tracking by mitigating risk and improving client satisfaction.
What Is Position-Based Scheduling?
Demand or position-based scheduling is a customized module that is programmed to understand the roles and responsibilities of each employee. This comprehension evolves into data that is used to review your scheduling needs, opportunities, and potential risks factors.
How Does it Work?
Using artificial intelligence, Payroll Data’s automated scheduler:
- Evaluates historical data to forecast trends, and ebbs and flows in your business to predict staffing needs well in advance
- Examines the titles and roles of each employee to recommend a roster that fulfills your need at every position and skill level to avoid over or under staffing
- Assesses the number of hours each employee works to alert managers of overtime risk and automatically suggests alternative staff for replacement on roster
- Gets notified of coverage or PTO requests by staff members and alerts comparably qualified employees, with availability, of the opportunity to avoid gaps in rosters
- Systematically analyzes rosters and biometric time clocks in real-time to ensure up-to-the-minute metrics for easy reporting and management
Significant Business Impact
The benefits and ROI of automated scheduling are perceived over tenfold. The elimination of excess spending on supplemental, temporary, and last minute staffing, as well as costly frictional overtime wages alone yield immediate return on investment. However, it’s the underlying client experience, which is greatly enhanced by having the appropriate people in place to handle business and inquiries, which has had a more significant influence on the growth and prosperity of industry using automated scheduling tools.
The optimization of labor scheduling has resulted in companies saving in upwards of twenty millions dollars in overhead. “Payroll Data’s intelligent, demand-based scheduling module is quite possibly the most impactful HR tool to be offered to clients,” says Chris Lauton, VP, Product Sales. “Having the right people, in the right place, at the right time, ensures optimum labor management and completely changes the client experience.”
Payroll Data’s demand-based scheduling module debuted in beta last year, with a small subset of clients integrating and evaluating performance to help us achieve optimal results. In January of 2018, this supplemental module will be made available to all Payroll Data clients with our innovative Time and Labor HR solution.
Take a virtual tour of our intelligent, demand-based scheduler, and learn more about this time and labor product. Contact us to discover how Payroll Data’s complete suite of HCM and workforce management solutions save time and money, and how our customizable services support your business initiatives.